- “If your religious beliefs are in conflict with the law, which takes precedence?”, Journey into America Questionnaire data
- Poetry, faith, and the Muslim soul by Frankie Martin
- Islamophobic Yellow Journalists Attack Professor Ahmed, Again
- A response to Laura Rubenfeld’s Islamophobic article in Pajama’s Media
- Much ado about nothing
- Steve Emerson: State Department Website Panders To Radical Islamists - BDS News, Letters from our Readers - SPME Scholars for Peace in the Middle East on “Journey into America” picked up by the State Department
- king on An Arab in Arab, Alabama
- Reflections on the mosque that burned in Tennessee | Craig Considine on Islamic Center of Columbia Attack–One Year Later
- Benny Belew on Kurds in Nashville
- gold prices on Kurds in Nashville
Journey into America: The Challenge of Islam
The most comprehensive study ever done on the American Muslim community, Journey into America explores and documents how Muslims are fitting into U.S. society, seeking to place the Muslim experience in the U.S. within the larger context of American identity. In doing so, it is a major contribution to the study of American history and culture.
Akbar Ahmed and his team of young researchers traveled through over seventy-five cities across the United States visiting over one hundred mosques to discover the Muslim community in America.
The travels resulted in a film and a book entitled "Journey into America: The Challenge of Islam", both available now.
- afghanistan African American Akbar Ahmed alabama America American culture American University Arab Chicago christian Christianity CNN Craig Considine culture dearborn Detroit founding fathers frankie martin ground zero hailey Woldt hamza yusef hijab history huffington post Imam Qazwini Immigration iran Islam Islam in America ISNA israel Jewish jinnah john stewart jonathan hayden Joseph Smith Journey into America journeyintoamerica.wordpress.com Judaism judea pearl keith ellison LDS Madeeha Hameed miami Michigan Mormon Mosque Muslim muslims Muslims in America national cathedral Noam Chomsky NPR Obama Pakistan plymouth rock prayer prayers President proposition 8 Quran Rabbi ramadan Religion sharia St. Louis swat texas Thomas Jefferson Travel War on terror washington national cathedral washington post wendy chamberlain yankee